SoCal GMC Dealers are a bit different than other new car dealerships. Because GMC dealerships almost always share their rooftops with Buick dealerships. Vice versa – of course.
The relationship makes sense as both are General Motors brands. So, GMC offers trucks and SUVs. And, Buick offers sedans and crossovers. Overall, the relationship is very complimentary.
So, if you are not sure if you want a car, truck, or SUV. Then you can go to a SoCal GMC Dealer and know that you can test-drive everything – including Buick cars and crossovers.
About GMC – The Brand
General Motors Truck Company is what the acronym, GMC, stands for. But also General Motors Corporation. However, Grabowsky Motor Company was the original GMC.
And that’s after the names of the brothers who founded the company in 1900. Max and Morris Grabowsky would later rename the company Rapid Motor Vehicle Company.
More than 100-years old, GMC has undergone its share of transformation. And today its trucks and crossover/SUVs share much with its sibling GM brand Chevrolet.
GMC trucks focus slightly more upscale than Chevy. So, GMC trucks will have the technology and features a few years prior to Chevy having the same.
For example, Chevy’s multi-flex tailgate was first introduced on GMC trucks as the multi-pro tailgate. The GMC Sierra got it in 2019 and then the Chevy Silverado in 2021.
GMC currently produces pick-up trucks, SUVs and as of recently the GMC Hummer EV.
And the brand additionally offers commercial vehicles. But our focus is on its non-commercial lineup for this article.
- Canyon – Midsize offered in a 4 or 6-cylinder with either 2-wheel or 4-wheel drive. Tows up to 7,700 lbs.
- Sierra – Full-size available in 6 or 8-cylinder with 2-wheel or 4-wheel drive. Tows up to 13,000 lbs. (HD up to 36,000 lbs.)
- Hummer Electric Vehicle – Full-size – pickup and SUV. Up to 1,000 hp, 0-60 MPH in as little as 3-seconds. Drives diagonally.
- Terrain – Compact, leans more crossover than SUV. Offered with a 4-cylinder and front-wheel drive or AWD.
- Acadia – Midsize, more crossover than SUV. Available in 4 or 6-cylinder with front-wheel drive or AWD.
- Yukon – Full-size and oversize (XL). True SUV comes in either 6 or 8-cylinder with 2WD (rear) or AWD.
The above vehicle information is current as of Spring of 2022.
SoCal GMC Dealer Disclaimer
PLEASE NOTE: iDriveSoCal does not endorse any of these dealerships. Rather, we provide the names and links to dealerships for the ease of contacting different Southern California GMC Dealers. This way you can find your best deal.
Additionally, next to each name we include the dealers’ ownership information. Because many dealerships are owned by the same groups. And the management of these groups often communicates with one another – regularly.
So it’s good to know if you’re negotiating with two SoCal GMC Dealers that share the same ownership. :0)
Arizona – Mohave County GMC Dealer
The latest GMC news HERE.