Volkswagen is encouraging families to get outside this winter with its Atlas and Atlas Cross Sport Models. Before you decide to hibernate until spring, check out the safety and comfort features that make these vehicles ideal for VW winter family fun.
Interested in the Atlas or Atlas Sport Cross? Visit my partners at Ontario Volkswagen to learn more!
Volkswagen Security & Comfort Features For Winter Driving
Winter Comfort Features
No one wants to freeze during a winter adventure. To coax your family out of the house on a chilly day, you need a heated, cozy vehicle.
The Atlas and Atlas Sport Cross come packed with winter-friendly features that, for the most part, are standard in both models.
- The extended range remote start kit, which allows you to start the vehicle before you leave. While you’re assembling gear and gathering your kids or pets, the car will warm up on its own.
- Seat heaters come standard in the front row and can be added to the back rows as a bonus. Cold fingers won’t be a concern during your VW winter family fun adventure since the steering wheel is heated, as well.
- Heated front washer nozzles and side mirrors spare you from having to scrape frost off the car before leaving on your adventure. They also prevent fog for added visibility.
Winter Safety Capabilities
Security is another concern during winter, especially on mountain roads.
If your VW winter family fun outing includes rough or steep terrain, the Atlas and Atlas Sport Cross models are built for adventure. Both vehicles come equipped with enhanced safety features for winter driving.
- Driver assistance options come standard in both models. These include a blind-spot monitoring system, lane change assistance technology, and adaptive cruise control.
- Snow mode for icy roads. Ice may not be a concern in Southern California, but weather conditions can change quickly if you drive to high-altitude areas. Snow mode uses the 4Motion All-Wheel Drive system to prevent slipping on wet, slick roads. Best of all, it’s standard in both models.
Road Trip Ready
Comfort during long drives is the final ingredient for a successful VW winter family fun adventure – and Volkswagen pulled out all the stops in the Atlas and Atlas Sport Cross.
- The Car-Net Service. Passengers can settle in for the long haul with plenty of entertainment options through Car-Net. This is an upgrade in both models that includes an in-vehicle WiFi hotspot that’s capable of streaming shows, games, and more.
- The Fender Premium Audio system, which uses top-of-the-line tech for amazing sound quality. Listen to audiobooks or enjoy your favorite tunes during the long drive.
- Ample storage space for gear and luggage. The Atlas has 20.6 cubic feet of storage behind the third row, and both the second and third rows fold down to create even more room. In the Atlas Sport Cross, there are 40.3 cubic feet behind the second row (which can also be folded down).
- Cup holders – 17 of them, to be exact. That’s ample space for hot chocolate, apple cider, or coffee during your wintertime getaway.
- A panoramic sunroof so that you can enjoy the scenery during your drive.
Volkswagen: Ideal for Year-Round Fun
No matter what you have in mind for a VW winter family fun trip, the Volkswagen Atlas and Atlas Sport Cross are up to the task. The winter-specific features make for a safe, comfortable, and fun vehicle that the whole family will enjoy.